Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send hyperlink of a folder via email

Send hyperlink of a folder via email

A customer of ours has the following request...

Send hyperlink of a vault folder via email option.

Instead of having to send a hyperlink for each file, just allowing one for the folder they reside in would be a simple less intensive process.

Thanks for the consideration.

8 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also having that issue, has anybody solved the issue?

miechh
Collaborator

"Status changed to Accepted".... Where is this functionality in Vault Basic 2017?

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This capability has been implemented with Autodesk Vault 2019.

terry.nicholls
Contributor

Hi, would it be possible to also add the function under Edit/Copy Hyperlink like you can for files?

jeff.lentz
Enthusiast

This is marked as Implemented in Autodesk Vault 2019, but in our Vault Professional 2020 all I see is the ability to get a link to a file, but not a folder. How was this implemented?

terry.nicholls
Contributor

Hi @jeff.lentz 

If you select the folder in the main window and not the browser tree then go to file and send, the option to send link comes up. It then launches and email with two links in it. One for the desktop client and one for the thin client.

If there was a way to copy that link rather than go through all those steps would be great but it there at least. the link launches a browser which downloads a file. When you run the file it launches the client. if you set your browser to always open that file type it takes out some of the steps.

jeff.lentz
Enthusiast

That's helpful, thanks. To send a file link you use the Edit menu and to send a folder link you use the File menu. Got it. No wonder I hadn't found it yet. I appreciate the tip!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report