Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset ECO numbering

Reset ECO numbering

We have had several clients that would like to reset the next number in a change order scheme.  They may pilot the ECO scheme starting at 1 and then want to go to production with the numbering continuing from 1001.  At this point, you have to create a new scheme to do this.  Most clients are much more comfortable with continuing to use the existing scheme prefix.

4 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

dvsmiller9
Advocate

I had a user that accidentally created an ECO in the production system instead of the pilot before I had a chance to change the starting number to what I really wanted to use.  Now the system keeps wanting to assign ECO numbers based on next available from that number instead of the latest.  Please allow us to change the starting number and have the system find the next available from that  (taking into account any previously used ones).

robert.byrd
Explorer

I agree with being able to reset the numbering, but I would also like to have more flexibility in ECO numbering. 

1. Currently the “Code” must be unique and it is also the first part of the ECO number.  I understand the need for unique names, but let the user decide how to structure the ECO number.  If ECO numbering schemes could be built like part numbering schemes it would suit my purpose. 
  2. If you click the “New” button, but change your mind and close the ECO without saving, or decide to choose a different numbering scheme, it should not increment the default scheme.  This would eliminate most of the reasons that we need to reset the number.
  3. You should be able to deactivate ECO number schemes so that users can’t select a scheme that is no longer active. 

We started with ECO-4000 using 4 digits, but every time you click the new ECO button it increments – even if you don’t save the ECO.  After using this system for 6 years, the counter is now about 700 ahead of where it should be.  Skipping numbers would confuse everyone, so we manually enter every number.  That defeats the purpose of automated numbering. 

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report