Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Repair Utility Enhancements

Reference Repair Utility Enhancements

If you've attempted to use the Refrence Repair Utility you'll quickly become frustrated it could really use some enhancements

Scanning

• In the settings I should be able to browse and select the Inventor Project File. The slash is opposite "/" to all other pathing in the settings and caused me some grief the first time I used this
  • I shouldn't have to close the utility when its done processing a folder. I should be able to pick a new folder and continue
  • I should be able to select multiple folders to process
  • It would be nice to be able to browse for folders to process
  • It can error and stop. As a script / batch processing utility it should just log the error and continue. There should be 0-interaction by the user until it is done
  • When it errors, it says to look at the log, but when you look at the log there is absolutely nothing about the error or what caused it to stop

Importing Fixes

• I would assume that most people run the scan not on the server, apply the changes to the .xml not on the server, but then need to go to the server to import the fixes. It would be nice to be able to "push" the fixes from the same system used to scan and fix.
  • I use the command line to import the fixes but then need to use the ADMS Console logs to see any errors.... huh? The import needs to have its own GUI that writes its own log / error report
4 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

gilsdorf_e
Collaborator

I'm just frustrated about ARRU myself.

I would add two aspects:

1. Progress should be regularly flushed to XML. If the tool crashes after several days of processing large data amounts, everything is lost upon a crash, as the XML is written at the very end. It should also be possible to resume after an error, if the results are flushed to disks regularly.
  2. Batch mode capabilities should be added. Right now, if I want to scan the whole Vault, I have the choice to scan hundreds of folders manually or scan very large folders including subfolders, which takes days (running into above mentioned problems). If the tool could be run from command line, that would be easily scriptable. Now I could only mess around with the GUI with the likes of AutoIt, which is not really stable.

Best regards

Erik

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report