Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions by Category

Permissions by Category

Let's flexibilize the Vault and give the user the opportunity to assign permissions by category as an alternative to the current permissions by Lifecycle

i.e.: 

Category ENGINEERING > Group A (read-modify-delete)---- Group B (r-m) ----- Group C (r--)

Thank you for your Kudos!

5 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

I need this Feature to give Users Permission on Filetypes (pdf, DWFx) - but matching Filetypes with category is easy.

My Sales department should never see more than PDFs...

Even my Autodesk dealer and an Autodesk Vault consultant first told me that it must be possible - but at the end Vault Supports sends me to this idea.

mill1806
Enthusiast

Being able to use Categories to control security it will prevent the need to have multiple lifecycle definitions that are identical, except for a name, in order to control separate access levels while using a single lifecycle scheme.

punisher
Collaborator

Did this ever get promoted?

This would be great to prevent alteration to any files within "Specifications Supplied by Others" folders. I do not want ANYONE altering these files, save for the AMDIN; I need an audit trail on these types of files.

I'd call it "ADMIN ONLY", and give Document Editor 2 rights to add, read, and download, but not edit or delete.

We receive updated datasets continuously, and it would be great to drop them into a controlled folder, that once therein, no-one can alter save for the main ADMIN.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report