i think Autodesk should integrate automatic PDF-Publishing into Vault (2D-PDF) like the DWF-Publishing.
The DWF is more powerful and Autodesk want to spread it with force, but there are some reasons for the PDF format:
- PDF is an ISO-Standard, DWF not.
- You can open DWF only on Windows, there is no DesignReview form MAC or Linux.
- The DWF-Viewer works only on prozessores with SSE2, PDF-Viewer are running everywhere.
- Everybody has installed an PDF-Viewer, DesignReview normaly nobody without Autodesk Products.
Sorry, the point with SSE2 is not right, this is the TrueView, not the DesignReview.
I agree - we need to be able to create PDFs, just like we can DWFs.
I agree. This is a HUGE need in the industry, but since DWF and PDF are competing products, these kinds of requests seem to fall on deaf ears.
Almost every of our customers want PDF.
They are not happy with DWF and Design Review. It's not convenient to share with people who don't have Design Review.
Design Review don't work well on old computer because it need too many ressource.
Hope thiswill be improve in the R2014...
This feature has been requested for years. The majority know it will never happen & have stopped asking.
We had a third party create the software just to be able to create PDFs through the job processor. It works but several factors prevent it from being stellar.
1. it's slow in our opinion. We are talking about 6-16 seconds per job (not drawing) in the job queue. An we normally push 150-200 drawings through at a time.
2. The code written to create the PDFs also includes code to create DWFs through the job processor. Vault already has the ability to create DWFs so why the duplication. This duplication led to the job processor producing errors (non-tip versions) then led to more serious errors. If third party software is needed, make sure that the code is written to handle exactly what is needed and configure Vault to do the rest.
3. Autodesk will not support the third party software, so then there are two different parties to deal with when errors occur. In some instances, the issues may cross over into the other's realm and it's difficult to get them both together to find a solution.
Let Autodesk implement Parker Hannifins "Vault Publisher".
Create acad dwg, pdf when a certain lifecycle state has been set. (At Parker when drawing state = REL) These new docs are attached to original inventor dwg. New releases will overwrite previous versions of attachments. Attachments can be collected and downloaded to disk. (so get all drawings as pdf in one folder for creating a manual) Attachments can be collected by selecting main assy, VP will collect all drawings and download them to disk.
Parker viewers are able to use dwf, acad dwg and pdf. All controlled by lifecycle in Vault.
We have the code, autodesk has updated it for Vault 2012. (So they know how it works) Autodesk can have it to implement it in Vault as standard tool. I offered it to Autodesk in the past but no reaction...
Very much need this. We use PDFs exclusively. We will manually create PDF's for all of our drawings, and this would save alot of time.
Also disappointing how limited the plot functionality is when printing to a PDF print driver. It prints every sheet as a seperate job, so on a 10 sheet drawing I'll end up with 10 pdf's. Very very frustrating.
This is requested by almost every client during implementations. Clients almost always assume that this functionality exist in the' Out of the box Vault software'. It would be nice to have this feature included in the Vault software package
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Upgrading to a 2015 product? Make sure to check these out 1st!