Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Worklist Enhancements

My Worklist Enhancements

I would love to see the My Worklist have some kind of functionality other than being a snapshot of EVERYTHING I'm currently involved in.

As a Change Order admin and Responsible Engineer, the whole "My Work" in My Worklist is not a true statement or can't be used as nicely as someone who is say just a Responsible Engineer. They have the luxury of using My Worklist as a means to keep up with projects within their specific group via their assigned routing list. A Change Order Admins' worklist is really a huge combination of things going on within that engineering group in addition to other engineering groups, even though I'm not going to be doing any of the changes to those drawings. In short, My Worklist gets MASSIVE! I sure would love to have the ability to sort thru which Change Orders directly affect ME (as the Responsible Engineer) and not so much on the COA side of things. Maybe add a toggle so that I can switch between which roles Vault see's me as a Responsible Engineer or as the Change Order Admin?

Also we have several different department (sales, production, planning, inventor control, etc) that are part of our approval process. As you know, nothing is removed from the My Worklist until it's out of your respective duties at that particular role / state in the Change Order workflow. I get a lot of complaints when there are several change orders for them to review/approve and they don't know which ones they have already reviewed since they are waiting on other members of the Review committee to do their part. I know I know, they could just write or jot down when they have completed or approved a Change Order but most people aren't going to like that approach since it's manual. One way I think that could help solve this issue is to implement some sort of "Done" checkbox, icon or maybe a strike-thru using RMB menu. Something to signify to them they they don't have to worry about sifting thru that CO on their worklist and they can go on to other ones? Better yet maybe we could tie the strike-thru in so that when they hit approve it will automatically strike out the CO in the Worklist but not remove it until it has met unanimous approval?

I would also like the ability to be able to sort My Worklist by name, date, number, submitted date, etc.

See the below photoshop edit I did to help illustrate (open attachment for full resolution)

new my worklist request.jpg

6 Comments
gary.belisle
Advocate

I like these ideas. I'd add one detail. Add the current CO state as a column to the right of the CO. Then let that column be sortable and filterable by CO state.

olearya
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

dvsmiller9
Advocate

I have had several engineers and managers ask me if the worklist would only show them the change orders they have not approved or rejected yet.  When they have approved a change the number stays on their worklist until the change order is fully approved by ALL approvers (we use unanimous approval) or is rejected.  They would like to see it drop off their worklist as soon as they have approved a change order.

kwilson_design
Collaborator

@olearya it's been several years now. Can you shed any information on enhancements to My Worklist?

mrB_Young
Advocate

I've been thinking about this for quite some time now, and have only just now got around to researching this.
I found this thread, obviously, ..... 10 years on and no action.

Myself and my colleagues would really like to see some added functionality to "My Worklist"

As mentioned above, at a minimum this list should have a column that shows the current ECO state.
If user doesn't have any pending actions on the ECO, then having the option of filter those ECOs out of the list would also be of great help.

jholtzFEVUS
Explorer

My organization constantly asks me about this. It seems relatively simple to implement. We only have 4 approvers from different departments but their worklists are always plagued with items that they themselves have already approved. I wish Autodesk would do something about this...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report