Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Search Folders saved in Vault not on Client

My Search Folders saved in Vault not on Client

Saved searches need to be saved on Vault server (global) not locally on client (xml).

19 Comments
BIM9Bill
Explorer

What a great idea,  that would keep me from trying to teach users to copy a xml file!!

Wow.

dvsmiller9
Advocate

Saved per user and also a common public option for all users to use.

rpraeger
Observer

That would greatly support the users if they have to work on various computers as well as the administrators who else have to care for the distribution of the xml-files from one computer to another. It would be great to have the same convenient and successful functionality in Vault that we know from PSP since many years - searches saved per user and if needed also saved to public space for all users.

aguitton116
Advocate

I would add to this idea the ability to save not only the saved searches but also the other user configuration (columns, shortcuts...) with an option to save with it's user profile only (then wherever the user connects to vault he has his custom configuration of the UI) or for anyone (with admin rights only, and an option to lock the configuration like you can do with the working folder).

tmoney2007
Collaborator

Please yes. DMiller has the right idea (that is used in other systems). 

Global configurations and searches as well as local.  Tie them to group membership if you want to be really clever.

scottmoyse
Mentor

YES!! but you need to be able to choose if it's a public search folder or a private one.

andreas.schmitt
Contributor

All users who came from Productstream Professional / COMPASS to Vault kown this great function from the beginning in 1999 and now with vault the customer have to run a long way everytime a user add or modify a company extended search. in big companies with engineers > 50 this is not only once a month.

from the last post here in nov. 2014 til today nothing happens.......how many kudos must a post have to mark it as important or usefull ?

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

albertuan
Enthusiast

Please consider to save interface options end quick links too !

You can take some idea from:

Thanks

tfrascone
Contributor

Need an Applications Options save config out like in Inventor.

dominik.gleinser
Advocate

Hi,

Quite similar to my post if set up today - maybe those two ideas can be connected!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideas/user-quot-porfiles-quot-user-definition-views-styles-etc-...

Not only search Folders but also the user -definitions like "grid states" should be saved at the Server.

All informations "Project Thunderdome" is able to Transfer over the deployment!

Thanks

c_stulz
Advocate

Hello, the last Post is almost half a year old. And I am running the next (2019) Vault Version.

And again I have to set my columns again.

Why is this a problem to solve?

To solve these problems with copy xml files is a crutch. And this sins I know Vault.

I hope much that one near day Vault saves ALL Customsettings (Searches, Columns,..) on the server (as expected from a server system).

gri4775
Advocate

Yes we wait too for a good solution.

But I think it has to be done for both with configuration options.

1. Individual for every user (like today)

2. Vault Client Setting and Columns saved to Server for all user the same Setting from Vault Administrator

3. Vault Client Setting and Columns as a start template from Vault Administrator and after individual.

Regards Adrian

ilotey
Enthusiast

2024 still not implemented... tsk tsk tsk please get this done

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

TAR_Loki
Collaborator

Hello together,

it would be nice to get a function where you could transfer your favorites/shortcuts, from the old Vault, to the new Vault.
For example in case of a server move.
Currently I do this via a batch file that my users can execute.
This copies the folders from the old Vault directory into the new directory.
Or even easier, if this could even be linked to the Windows user, so that this information remains stored in the Vault.

Kind regards,

Sven 

---

Hallo Zusammen,

es wäre schön, eine Funktion zu bekommen, in der man seine Favoriten/Verknüpfungen, von der alten Vault, in die neue Vault übertragen könnte.
Zum Beispiel im Falle eines Serverumzuges.
Derzeit mache ich dies noch über eine Batch Datei, die meine User ausführen können.
Diese Kopiert die Ordner aus dem alten Vault-Verzeichnis, in das neue Verzeichnis.
Oder noch einfacher, wenn man dies sogar noch an den Windows User knüpfen könnte, so das diese Informationen in der Vault gespeichert bleiben.

Schöne Grüße,

Sven

Tags (2)
limin.chung
Autodesk

Hi @gluckett @BIM9Bill @TAR_Loki @ilotey @gri4775 @dvsmiller9 @rpraeger @aguitton116 @tmoney2007 @scottmoyse @andreas.schmitt @albertuan @tfrascone @c_stulz and all voters,

Thank you for keeping the conversation going. Right now, we are doing the research on this topic for the Vault Client Configuration related to admin setting default/start view of the desktop client interface and distribute to all working clients. We hope to collect more insights and feedback from you to better make the functionality. 

Follow this link to the Survey: Take the Survey

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
https://autodeskfeedback.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8w6txQPBq8Nytwi

Your specific feedback and perspective are greatly appreciated. You can also join the feedback community to receive product updates and events here: Join Vault Feedback Community 

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Limin

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in 2024.2 Update at an administrative level, not individual level.

Vault 2024 Help | Administration Enhancements | Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report