Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
28 Kudos
Bidu6

Moving Files (All at Once) From Different Folders

by Active Contributor Bidu6 on ‎10-24-2012 06:01 AM

Hello,

I believe Vault should allow a user somehow to be able to move files from different folders into a similar folder all at once. It would be convenient to conduct a search and be able to move all the related files into a folder of choice. Right now Vault has a restriction where you can only move files that are in the same folder. This might be a difficult request for Vault to accomplish, but I think would be well worth it. Please consider.

Comments
by Distinguished Contributor mbodnar on ‎11-01-2012 06:07 PM

What would be beneficial is also the ability to move all the related files for a specific assembly (ie. all files listed in the uses tab) by selecting all files in the uses tab and performing the move command

Max B

by Board Manager ihayesjr on ‎11-07-2012 12:22 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Kubass on ‎11-10-2012 10:45 AM

It would be very helpful in moving assembly with all parts

by Distinguished Contributor obourne on ‎11-14-2012 10:54 AM

This is a great idea. I've wanted that since Vault 4.

I was an AE in the ADSK channel (for 6 years) and I had MANY Vault users ask about doing that. The idea was they could be working on "prototype" design with different users contributing and storing files in their respective personal folders in vault. Then once the design had some legs they would move it into a production folder and assign P/Ns.

by Board Manager ihayesjr on ‎04-17-2013 02:14 PM
Status changed to: Accepted

by Mentor on ‎10-20-2013 02:36 AM

ihayesjr ,

Do you want move or copy (as stated in idea you have posted earlier http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-IdeaStation/Copy-files-from-multiple-folders-into-one-folder/idi...)?

by Valued Contributor tmoney2007 on ‎01-07-2014 09:43 AM

This has the possibility of creating huge amounts of pain for some environments.  My company has a large set of standard parts and assemblies that are configured to customer requirements.  Unfortunately, we rely on folders to keep them organized.  The other wrinkle comes from us reusing parts between different folders.

I can just see parts getting lost because they were grabbed and moved with their parent assembly.

by Mentor on ‎01-07-2014 12:44 PM

AFAIK the idea has nothing common with "moving parts ... with their parent assembly". User want to move files that are in different folders (ex. results of some search) to one folder.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count