Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between File / Item Properties and the Change Order Process

Link between File / Item Properties and the Change Order Process

When using the Change Order process, the document Properties are not mapped to the Change Order Process (ie. Checker, Approver, Date approved, ECN number into Rev Box on Drawing etc) and so do not refresh during document sign off process.  This means lots of manual input required by the Users which is open to mistakes.  The whole point of a software driven system it to reduce mistakes by doing the manual input for you.  Please rectify Autodesk! 

Also on a similar theme, why can’t the change order process automatically change the Lifecycle state of the file (i.e Work In Progress, In Review, Released etc).  Again, too much manual input required.

6 Comments
mthomas
Collaborator

Further to this the information needs to be written / updated BEFORE the items are released

dvsmiller9
Advocate

We have to pre-fill the signature and rev blocks of the drawing before submitting to the Vault and ECO process.  This causes a discrepancy between the dates on the drawing and the dates of actual approval of the ECO.

Right now, we use Items exclusively in the ECO process.  I would like to see the ability to link a specific Approver to a specific File property (Author, Checked by, Engineer, etc., and associated dates) so the drawing (namely IDW but could be Autocad DWG) could be updated automatically during the ECO release.

bverboort
Advocate

Approval date specifically would be very helpful.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

madcad77
Contributor

If the change order process could automatically trigger a lifecycle change, then this previous request could sort out relevent UDP'S that are then mapped to a document.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-IdeaStation/Enforce-Property-write-on-Lifecycle-Transition/idc-p...

This is a feature that would be of great use to my organisation. We upgraded to Vault Proffesional from Design manager(Curve design), software that is nearly 20 years old had this featue from day 1.

I really hope something like this can be implemented into vault ASAP.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report