2 Kudos
MiWaNiZa

Let's use object model chart!

by *Expert Elite* | International Moderator on ‎07-16-2012 06:47 AM

Hello!

Let's build and place an object model chart in our Idea Exchange, like this one for Inventor:

Also usefull describe charts for client applications: describe GUI and internal scheme (including links to Vault dll's):

• Vault Explorer 
  • Autoloader
  • CAD applications add-ins
  • Job Processor
  • Wedserver
  • Custom apps
  • etc.

Using this scheme we can see what are we missing, check collisions, and others.

Comments
by Employee on ‎07-17-2012 05:55 AM

I tried creating some sort of class diagrams for the Vault API a few years back.  Unfortunately, the structure of the Vault API doesn't lend itself to these types of diagrams very well.  Most of the API consists of function calls and independant objects.  It's not an OO class heiarchy like with the Inventor API.

Anyway, take a look at the diagrams for yourself.  Personally, I didn't find them useful, and I haven't heard of anyone else finding them useful.  If you know a way to improve things, I'm open to suggestions.

by *Expert Elite* | International Moderator on ‎07-17-2012 06:48 AM

Wonderful!

This is exactly what I was looking for! Some time later I'll try to show you what's useful in this chart. Be patient.

by Board Manager on ‎11-15-2012 07:49 AM
Status changed to: Duplicate

by Board Manager on ‎03-24-2014 01:48 PM
Status changed to: Solution Provided

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count