Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
87 Kudos
Redmond.D

Graphical interface for configuring lifecycle states

by Employee on ‎06-20-2012 04:55 AM

When creating and working with lifecycle states, I want to be an environment like this...

PLM-LCeditor.png

Something with boxes and arrows that I can drag around.  I graphical approach like this is easier to work with and provide an easy way to see how files get routed through the entire lifecycle.

Comments
by Distinguished Contributor xdumont on ‎06-24-2012 11:46 PM

This is a good idea for a demo purpose. But actually for the all day life, the classic interface works. I think there are so many other things to improve. But it's my opinion.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎06-25-2012 05:16 PM

I think thats a great idea, but more like the HTML 5 workflow editor in PLM 360 instead of the lifecycle one. The PLM 360 Lifecycle editor is as clunky as it could be. I think its really important for the end user to have a visualisation of the workflow built in as part of the product, which is also the control mechanism for the workflow/lifecycle itself.

I know there's a Vault add-in which creates a tab with a visualisation grid but its limited and not where near as swanky as the PLM 360 HTML5 workflow editor.

by Valued Contributor sathersc23 on ‎09-11-2012 05:09 AM

We use the Item/ECO processes.... but this would be fantastic to modify those.

Unfortunately we have way too much legacy data to switch systems, and no time to rebuild.

by Board Manager on ‎09-20-2012 09:59 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Board Manager on ‎04-17-2013 02:00 PM
Status changed to: Future Consideration

by Employee on ‎06-25-2013 11:44 PM

We just release WeShining Visual Lifecycle Editor to Autodesk Exchange App Store. It's a simple but powerful tool which allows to create or edit lifecycle definition visually. More than that, you can save it into Vault directly or export it for future projects. Not sure whether this meets your requirement. 

You can find it : http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/VLTC/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aweshining...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count