Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
3 Kudos
xdumont

Exporting BOM directly from IAM without using item.

by Distinguished Contributor xdumont on ‎09-02-2012 03:33 AM

Can you add the possibility to export he BOM of an assembly without using items?

All is present in the databse in order to do that (the BOMBlob is storing all information in order to perform this operation).

Thanks in advance.

If you are exporting the BOM without the use of an Item, what format should the export be in and what would you be importing it into?
Comments
by Board Manager on ‎09-20-2012 09:58 AM
Status changed to: Accepted
If you are exporting the BOM without the use of an Item, what format should the export be in and what would you be importing it into?
by Distinguished Contributor xdumont on ‎09-20-2012 11:42 PM

Hi,

Thanks for tacking time for this request.

In fact, we have many customers who are using FileLifeCycle + items. The items are just here to export the BOM to an ERP (we develop a tools who is exporting newly released item into a specific folder and the ERP Reseller develop a tools to import it into is ERP). But item are to heavy to use in my opinion just as a tools to transfer to ERP (too many steps).

A new Tab who will show the BOM of the selected assembly will be a good tools I think.

Then I think the best format is XML or DWF (ZIP with XML file into it). CSV why not but not 100% necessary.

The most important is to have a file that can be handle easily with a macro after exporting. If a post-exporting action can be configured, I think it's a plus.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count