Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECO File Editing Window Too Small

ECO File Editing Window Too Small

I've had several users complain to me that while in the ECO creation screen, the file editing window for creating markups is way too small.  i can see thier concern, I have a 22" monitor and even with that and my computer glasses I have a hard time doing markups in that tiny window.  You can zoom in and out, but sometimes you need to be zoomed to the extents of the drawin or model to see what's what.  You have the options to use the dwf viewer or Design Review... but then you cannot automatically create a markup linked to the ECO.  The route it takes to create a markup in Design Review, and the manually Vault it and attach to the change order is convoluted at best.  SOme of my users are not terribly CAD savvy or even computer savvy... so the easier the better.  Some sort of larger markup window, maybe with more tools... would make everyone a happy camper.

4 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over 2 years and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know - Vault Product Team.
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

neljoshua
Advisor

The markup window for ECNs is too small. I find myself squinting at it. There are zoom controls, but using these does not solve the issue of only a small amount of screen real estate available for the ECN. Alternatively, one can drag the bottom right corner of the ECN window to make it larger; this does not, however, result in a significant change in the preview. It would be nice to have a simple way to make the markup window larger--perhaps a single button that makes the preview full screen.

There is a button labeled "View..." but when clicked it opens the drawing in another window without the markup toolbar. This is not terribly useful if one is trying to mark up a drawing...

This is essentially a repost of an idea by @cbenner from 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report