Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double click Vault Change Order = the same as Edit

Double click Vault Change Order = the same as Edit

I would love it if you could just double click a Change Order and it give you the same options and capabilities as when you RMB and select Edit on a Change Order. It takes less time to double click than it does to right click and then scroll over in a menu. This would save a lot of time (and confusion to new Vault users) because right now if someone wants to add a record to a Change Order they've already created they have to remember to RMB and Edit. Why can't we have the same features just by double clicking it? This would also allow you to get rid of the "View and Respond" redundancy that further makes thing more confusing for Vault users.

Work smarter not harder I say.

4 Comments
mthomas
Collaborator

I think every single person here has assumed initially that double-click should be an edit, like every where else... it doesn't make sense that it isn't

Mike

Gene.R
Advocate

I agree, it is confusing to users, they need to be combined as double click to open, and if you have editing rights then you would be allowed editing.

Gene R

david_coulam
Advocate

At the very least, make the read-only view of the change order like the new item window where there is an Edit button prominently displayed at the top.  This would allow for risk-free viewing of the change order and intentional access to editing by those whose role supports it.  Thank you!

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report