Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signatures Directly in Vault

Digital Signatures Directly in Vault

There should be a way to create digital signatures from within Vault that would write directly to the drawing files. Currently if I want a "legal" signature I need to print a hard copy to sign which then becomes the legal copy on file (not the DWG) or I need to publish a PDF and use Verisign which then means the PDF becaomes the legal copy.

It makes sense to me to have all this done directly from Vault (ideally PLM 360 as well).

This is a very important point for regulated industries i.e. FAA, FDA etc.

53 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted
Hi obourne, is the DWG made from Inventor or AutoCAD?
obourne
Advocate

IV.

DannyvanDuijn2
Advocate

A verificated Sign-off method would be very appreciated. When a file/item gets released by an user then the system must verify the user again by showing an extra sign off dialog where the user has to fill in its user credentials.

The workflow would be:

Login Vault > use credentials

Releasing a file / item > use credentials again.

Then the job processor generates the visualization file automatically (in pdf format).

Of course should this be a option which is controlled by the admin.

Danny van Duijn

jeamy.baena
Advocate

Very important feature!

hugo.trepanier
Advocate

Many customer need a tool to release their document conditional to a pdf with digital signature. In Quebec Canada the Engineer system need to use Notarius system that digitally sign a pdf document http://www.notarius.com/professionals/oiq.dot#overview. After, inside the vault they need to release their dwg or idw document but with a link with their PDF signed document. My problem consist to configure a condition that force the user to have a correct pdf document link with their dwg/idw document. If the user change state from release to work in progress, the linked pdf file could pass in work in progress state too. After I could simply use the action that the linked file need to be release, but How I could do that?  It could be possible if I could have acess inside the action that the link file need to change on the work in progress state automatically and allow to release a new one.

All source of the problem is about dwf instead pdf, too many pepole use the pdf by default like http://www.notarius.com/professionals/oiq.dot#overview all engineer need to approve PDF, not PDF!  I think that Vault could be a better tool if PDF could be enable instead dwf

Tags (2)
tahdesign1
Collaborator

This is what I was asking for in the following Discussion topic:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/Vault-Professional-2014-and-Digital-Signatures-for-relea...

This is something that I think everybody needs and should be built into the release work flow.

agaalen
Contributor

I agree, very important feature!  

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

bbuck
Advocate

Following up on this. Has anything come from this? What other methods are companies using to have users "sign" the inventor drawing files within Vault client? It would be nice if this was integrated with the Change Order workspace so that when a user submits to the "Check", "Review" or "Approved" state, the system would populate the revision table field with the logged in user.

cwindleyZYKGU
Community Visitor

This is brick wall to my company using vault for ECN process. If we are unable to signoff drawing electronically while it is moving through check/review process then we essentially  back to hard copy drawing being passed desk to desk. thanks.

tschaeferZNBXX
Advisor

This is needed.

Telson.Hadden
Advocate

This is critical and overdue.  I'm glad it's accepted, can we get some feedback about which version it might appear?

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Telson.Hadden
Advocate

what? accepted back to future consideration?

WHY please.

drew8QP4W
Participant

In the pursuit of going paperless, this would be a game changer. 

Cormac_Lyons
Explorer

If you are looking for an "Electronic Sign off" within Autodesk Vault, then we should be able to assist. In the event of an ECO requiring a "2nd" signature setting (21CFR Part11), then we have achieved this and made Autodesk Vault Professional a solution for regulated industries. The solution meets the FDA requirements and we have worked with some of the worlds largest pharma and med device companies.

Get in touch via www.Procad.ie if you'd like to discuss

Telson.Hadden
Advocate

This idea needs votes - please send it to all your co-workers, friends, family, strangers and your whole email contact list.

cschnellT2E5T
Contributor

With the implementation of PDFs, this should be a fairly easy thing to do during the job processing creation of PDFs.  You identify the Approval field, you find the person who did the approval in Vault and add their "signature" to the PDF. 

Ideally, it'd be on the original drawing too, but some kind of identifier that the drawing was checked if it's printed is necessary.

Please make this a priority.

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Hi, are you kidding? Isn't it done yet? Ideas from 2012. When will it be?

evenmartinsen
Enthusiast

Autodesk Vault should be able to make the signatures on drawings according to rules for electronic signatures, e.g. demand user/password before changing a state. Using Vault in FDA businesses demands the use of third party programs in order to make this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report