Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Content Center Part shoud be recognizable.

Custom Content Center Part shoud be recognizable.

When a user selects to use a Content Center Part as custom he can modify this part as if it is a normal part. But when checking it in the vault. I can not set up a rule to set the correct category t it. It will always be recognized as a CC part, custom or standard doesn't matter.

It would be great if a custom CC part can be detected in a rule so I can set the category to a normal part.

6 Comments
obourne
Advocate

Hi,

I think that can be done with current functionality. In my custom CC parts I've craeted a property in the family table called "Assignment_Category" and populate the cells with the value "CC". I then map that to a custum IV iproperty. On addition to the Vault I have a rule that checks for Assignment_category and assigns the file accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Maarten65
Advocate

Thanks for your reaction. That is a solution to get a work around for the issue. The problem is that by adding an extra property it will be in the part for the rest of its live. I like to keep the amount of custom properties as low as possible. Secondly we already have hunderds of parts stored in vault which do not contain this property. They have to be corrected in order to be sure the problem the problem doesn't pop up after a copy design of an assembly where these parts are used.

So I hope Autodesk will create a property for it. I still have to modify the already created parts but then I am sure the property is known to every user after installing the new release of the software.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted
How would you want Vault to recognize the file as a custom part vs a Content Center part?
Maarten65
Advocate

If a custom content center part has been created, it should behave like a normal created design part. First because in Vault theis part will be stored at a location selected by the user (unlike cc parts which will be stored in the ccl datastructure automaticly))

Secondly because the user is allowed to change the part jsut as a common part when created from scratch.

The category in vault should be the same as a normal part.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over 2 years and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know - Vault Product Team.
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report