Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
18 Kudos
katterbauer

Copy Design - Custom Columns in Grid

by Active Contributor katterbauer on ‎06-22-2012 12:47 AM

I would love to have the grid in the copy design dialog customizable.

Especially when using the automatic file numbering you need extra information and your own columns in the dialog to be able to find the parts for selection.

regards, klaus

Comments
by Contributor bschupbach on ‎10-10-2012 06:13 PM

I'm not sure why this has not been caught yet because all you have to do is copy design one large assembly without the ability to look at a TITLE or DESCRIPTION property for perhaps hundreds of files in the structure to realize that you need this.  I would say that most companies utilize a part number for their filename to ensure it's unique and that's pretty much all you get too look at.

When I do a copy design I literallly have to take a screenshot of my uses tab for the assembly so that I can refer to that throughout the entire process to see the Titles and Descriptions of all the files.

You can add fields to almost every other window - why not this one?

by *Expert Elite* on ‎12-20-2012 07:36 AM

Being able to customize the Copy Design columns would be helpful. But, doing a copy design on a large project can become very confusing, very quickly.  Especially if there are derived parts, shared excel files... etc.  I made a suggestion that Copy Design needs to be more graphical, where we could pick the parts that we want to copy rather than selecting them from a list of numbers

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-IdeaStation/Copy-Design-Make-it-more-graphical/idi-p/37...

by Employee on ‎04-12-2013 06:38 AM
Status changed to: Comments Requested

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count