Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design - Custom Columns in Grid

Copy Design - Custom Columns in Grid

I would love to have the grid in the copy design dialog customizable.

Especially when using the automatic file numbering you need extra information and your own columns in the dialog to be able to find the parts for selection.

regards, klaus

5 Comments
bschupbach
Contributor

I'm not sure why this has not been caught yet because all you have to do is copy design one large assembly without the ability to look at a TITLE or DESCRIPTION property for perhaps hundreds of files in the structure to realize that you need this.  I would say that most companies utilize a part number for their filename to ensure it's unique and that's pretty much all you get too look at.

When I do a copy design I literallly have to take a screenshot of my uses tab for the assembly so that I can refer to that throughout the entire process to see the Titles and Descriptions of all the files.

You can add fields to almost every other window - why not this one?

karthur1
Mentor

Being able to customize the Copy Design columns would be helpful. But, doing a copy design on a large project can become very confusing, very quickly.  Especially if there are derived parts, shared excel files... etc.  I made a suggestion that Copy Design needs to be more graphical, where we could pick the parts that we want to copy rather than selecting them from a list of numbers

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-IdeaStation/Copy-Design-Make-it-more-graphical/idi-p/37...

mikel_martin
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

olearya
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in Vault 2015 R2 version of copy design

karthur1
Mentor

Half-Baked.  Needs to be able to put any iProperty column there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report