Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine security (ACL) in place of the actual solution

Combine security (ACL) in place of the actual solution

Hello,

We found a terrible limitation of Vault regarding Folder security. If you define a folder security to deny access to a group of user, this groups can even found files in this folder because the file lifecycle give this right.

This limitation has no sense. If the folder deny access to a group of users, all files in this folder must be denied too.

Actually, the only workaround I found is to create a specific lifecycle for files in this folder but this became very complicated.

How Vault must works: ACL on a files must be a combination of all ACL show example in attach.

8 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review
Thank you for submitting this idea. We will review it for changes in a future release.
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

jschmidt
Explorer

I agree I am just finding this out as a huge problem in trying to secure our Vault folder structure properly.  We would like the folder security to trump the lifecycle security set on files.   It propagates to subfolders right now but not to the files!  You can't even select all files and modify security at once, it must be done individually which is a nightmare.  

This is not an intuitive implementation of folder security.  

I see the status is accepted, what exactly does this mean?

B.Rawling
Enthusiast

Agree

Our Folder security has been applied to set the permissions for only certain users to access and edit files in that folder, the folder security should be applied and stick on the files in the folder. the solution of creating & managing multiple lifecycles i.e. one for each folder / project is just not exceptable as the admin work involved is  huge  and it relys on the file adopting the correct catagory so that it utilises the correct lifecycle.

I hope Autodesk can provide a solution to the file securities problem, we need to be able to disable the System ACL (lifecycle state security settings) from being applied to the files on state change. Its that simple!

Can autodesk please explain if this has been sorted  in the 2014 or 2015 Vault software

Bry

B.Rawling
Enthusiast

Interim option would not need to Combine ACL Security, just need a simple on / off in the administration settings to control the Lifecycle system security overiding the Object-based folder security.

Please Please Please...........

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

xavier_dumont2
Collaborator

Thanks a lot for this great improvement. We are impatient to use this new capability of R2017.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report