Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Out Files from Inventor BOM Editor

Check Out Files from Inventor BOM Editor

In IV while editing a BOM I need the ability to check out a file from Vault. Currently while in the BOM editor if I want to modify the propertirs of a file I need to get out of the editor and open the file, check it out and then switch back to the assembly and open the BOM again, make my edit....repeat. It makes for a much smoother woprkflow to be able to check out the file directly from the editor and check it in as well.

It's true that many of these edits could be made in vault IF the UDPs editable and mapped which is not always the case. Some companies have decided to edit iprops only in IV. Also, if I'm over riding a qty or changing BOM structure I must do that in IV.

5 Comments
mthomas
Collaborator

This is a great idea! 

For us the Inventor BOM is the quickest and easiest method to edit iProperties / meta data on a collection of files... and I agree that it is very frustrating to have to exit the BOM because you forgot to checkout a file before

mthomas
Collaborator

I should also add that we have iLogic rules setup to insure things like descriptions properly reflect the components dimensions and type. This isn't possible to do when editing properties within Vault

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This capability has been implemented with Autodesk Vault 2019.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report