Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change order Markups, reopen and edit once saved.

Change order Markups, reopen and edit once saved.

When an engineer creates a markup of a visualization inside of a Change Order, they sometimes need to exit the ECO in process, to look at other information somewhere within Vault... another drawing for example.  So they save the Markup, save and exit the ECO without submitting it yet.... and go about whatever they needed to do.  Then when they are ready, they go back into editing the change order.  however, Vault will not allow them to re-open the Markup they had saved and continue editing.... it forces them to save their new changes, along with whatever markups they had already done, as a new markup file.  There have been instances where I have gotten 5 markup dwf's containing essentially the same information, built on with each successive markup.

It would be preferable if they could simply reopen, add some markups and save the same dwf... so all markups end up in one file.  The current method is cluttered, messy and begging for something to get missed.

4 Comments
Cadmanto
Mentor

This is something that seems definately should be there.  The likely hood that the user has ALL of the info needed is more likely not to happen then when it does.  I would think anyway.  This makes so much sense.

scottmoyse
Mentor
This is something which is truly insane about ECOs. It's THE main reason they don't get used. There is a workflow to deal with it. But you have to do the markups outside of vault & check the markup in & out of vault. Honestly the idea that Vaults primary purpose is to version files so you don't get duplicates then one of its own tools forces you to create loads of duplicates really gets on my #%^#{%'s Then when you look at how many years this has been the case & Pro continues to be sold worldwide on the premise it has a drawing review process as part of its ECO tool makes me even more hacked off. This was a key feature we bought Vault for and like a few other tools in Vault Pro they fall significantly short. We shouldn't have to vote for this, it should be seen as a major flaw in the software & fixed by the next release. Sigh...
olearya
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted
If the mark up dialog box was modeless, allowing you to move back and forth between the mark up window and Vault explorer would this also solve your issue?
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report