Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Order Process - Force Approval & Force Submit

Change Order Process - Force Approval & Force Submit

It would be great if we could configure the software to Remove the 'submit and force approval' button and the 'fast track approval' button. Currently looks the same as the 'submit' button and this will get accidently pressed.  I know you are going to say ‘your engineers shouldn’t have permission to force approval’.  That’s right, we could set it up so this is the case.  Unfortunately, we have had to make all our Engineers Change Order Administrators so they can edit the Change Routing List (Checker etc).  Something Autodesk could rectify is to make the Change Order roles more configurable.

9 Comments
mthomas
Collaborator

I so completely with this! At a very minimum make the icons different or make the fast-tracking options from the toolbar and make them pulldown options only

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!!  We also make engineers Change Adminitrators, because they are the ones managing their orders and deciding when to make changes.  They still have to go through others for approval, but we don't have someone doling out tasks.

david.rust
Contributor

I see the status of this was changed to 'accepted' in 2014, so whats the outcome?  We're using Vault 2017, but I still can't see an option to disable the 'Force Approval button'. 

david.rust
Contributor

Still no response on this, can someone at AutoDesk please answer my question:?

dherman469
Advocate

At the very least it would be helpful if we had the option to reject from the Approved State back to Open or Review.  If someone accidentally hits the Force Approval button, we could at least send the change order back.

jeff.hamiltonWSTZK
Enthusiast

We are just getting started with Vault Pro 2018 and would love to see this. Right now we are having our CM administrators act as change admins in order to keep things under control. Which means they also have to be involved with every ECO and edit all the routing lists. It would be nice to be able to either regulate permissions on those type approvals separately or do away with them altogether.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Bump to find out if this has been put into 2020 or greater?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report