5 Kudos
Richard.Rankin

Backup Databases Only

by Product Support Richard.Rankin on ‎06-26-2012 06:20 AM

It would be useful to be able to backup\restore with out the filestore.

A commandline swithc would be useful to exclude the filestore from the backup if you just want to either validate your databases by restoring them to a test\dummy machine.

For sending the backup to support

For testing the migration to a new release

Then the ability to attach the filestore later.

Comments
by Board Manager ihayesjr on ‎07-05-2012 12:28 PM
Status changed to: Future Consideration

by Valued Contributor smilinger on ‎07-09-2012 06:22 AM

Or can we backup and restore the database and filestore manually with SQL server management studio?

by stelios on ‎03-09-2013 08:35 AM

i dont see why you wouldn't be able to backup the database manually?

by Product Support Richard.Rankin on ‎03-11-2013 01:14 AM

It is possible to backup and restore manually, through SQL, but this process is not supported and not documented. There are many customers who would struggle with this.

To clarify, the wish is to take a backup through the ADMS Console, ommitting the filestore.

by johnathan.ward on ‎04-30-2014 07:14 AM

What I would really like to see is the ability to backup a selected vault and it's filestore, where multiple vaults exist within the ADMS. I would like to have the option of excluding Content Centre Libraries from backup and restore options.

Obviously, having backed up a single vault (database and filestore) I would need to be able to restore a single vault into the ADMS without overwriting existing vaults and libraries.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count