Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And/Or availability in Advanced search

And/Or availability in Advanced search

It would be nice to have direct ANDing and ORing of properties in advanced searches.

I need to track ECOs assigned to each engineer at either the Work or Open state. Rather than creating 6+ conditions that are all "does not contain" it would be nice (and more straight forward to audit) for it to say Property X is X or Y and Z.

5 Comments
Redmond.D
Autodesk

All the search conditions are AND'ed by default.  There is the ability to use OR and NOT in the value field.  Here is a wiki article on the topic.

Also, I wrote an app that allows you get OR-style behavior across multiple property definitions.

sathersc23
Advocate

My company is currently blocking the correct Javascripting to see the article.

Please explain how in the Advanced Search you Or or Not parameters.

Thanks.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report