Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add 3rd party libraries directly to the vault

Add 3rd party libraries directly to the vault

It would be great if it would be possible to add massive 3rd party libraries straight into the vault.

For example a 3rd party catalog from let's say Cadenas which consists of many, many Gigabytes of 3D models, must now be installed seperatly, each part must be added through Inventor to the Vault, but it would be great if one could just add ALL 3D data to the Vault as library in one simple step.

5 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted
Hi Geveke, have you tried using Autoloader to load all of these files?
Geveke
Enthusiast

Hi Ihayesjr,

I suppose that does not work, because the data in the library mentioned is NOT stored as standard Inventor data, everytime i need a model, the program creates an native Inventor file from the data in its library.

So only after creating the model i do have native inventor data.

So in my opinion it would be great if it would be possible to have this kind of libraries added directly to the vault in an native Inventor format.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report