Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vault 2011 backup

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jaenugu
1125 Views, 6 Replies

vault 2011 backup

Hi, I am new to Autodesk. I want to create an automated backup for vault 2011, I got the script from images.autodesk.com, not sure if it is the correct one. can some one please tell (explain) me step-by-step process to an automated daily backup. could you also please tell me where does it backup from and where it backups to (path)? I also want to know if it is possible to save the destination backup file to a networked PC.  thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ihayesjr
in reply to: jaenugu

Here are some links to help you understand the backup operation.

Hope this helps.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 7
jaenugu

Hi,

I want to save the backup data to a shared folder which is on networked computer. when i edit the script with shared folder path and executed it, it is saying unknown username or bad password. could not find the network path. when i access that shared folder from my windows explorer, its not asking for any authentication. so I am wondering is there any way to mention username and password for shared folder in the script ?? i got only one partition in the vaultserver, no point in backing up to the same drive. thanks for your help. 

Message 4 of 7
ihayesjr

If it is asking you for a password it sounds like your computers are not a part of a domain or you are using a local user account which doesn't have permission on the remote computer.

After you have configured SQL for remote backup as shown in the Advanced Configuration Guide, make sure that you create a user on both computers with the same username and password.  When you create the task in the Task Scheduler, you need to use that username and password to run the task.  It should have a problem after you set that up.  You cannot put the username and password in the backup script.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 7
jaenugu

Hi, i am sorry, i didn't mention that we are on peer-to-peer network. we dont have client-server netwrok or a domain. anyway, I have done this with windows server backup from current folder. thanks

Message 6 of 7
barbidaniele

Hi all,

i've just update vault from 2009 to 2011, everythings is ok, but I've a question about the backup.

The last line of the old log  was:

29/12/2010 21.30.38 The backup operation has been successfully finished.

the new log file end with:

04/01/2011 20.35.34 Operazione di backup terminata.
04/01/2011 20.56.13 Connectivity.Request.Common.RequestLibrary - RequestRuntimeStop()
04/01/2011 20.56.13 Connectivity.Request.Vault.RequestLibrary - RequestRuntimeStop()
04/01/2011 20.56.13 Connectivity.Request.Foundation.RequestLibrary - RequestRuntimeStop()
04/01/2011 20.56.13 Connectivity.Request.Document.RequestLibrary - RequestRuntimeStop()

I'm italian so i used the italian version this time.

the questions are:

1) operazione terminata is the same as "successfully terminated" ?

2) what are those connectivity.request.XX.requtestlibrary with requestruntimestop() ???

thank you.

PS. the command line in backup script is:

-Obackup -B"e:\Backup-Vault\A" -VUamministraotore -VP[password] -VAL -DBSC -L"e:\Backup-Vault\A\log.txt"
Message 7 of 7
paul.gunn
in reply to: barbidaniele

Hi,

It looks like the 'terminata' statement is just how the english was translated. Also if there were any problems, errors would have been logged.

The other entries can be safely ignored - they are just internal diagnostics.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report