Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore failed

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vallourec
654 Views, 4 Replies

restore failed

Hy,

I'm trying to restore a vault backup made under the Vault 2011 SP2 on a new server where Vault 2012 is installed.

I have this error message =>

"Restore failed because the backup has products that are not supported by the server"

I'm using Windows 2008 server R2 on the backup server with SQL server 2008 SP1 installed.

Also the restore server is under windows 2008 R2 SP1 with SQL server 2008 SP2.

I don't know why i have this error message because restoring to a newer version of vault is supported.

Do you know where the problem is ?

Do i have to upgrade the old server in vault 2012 before create the backup ?

Thanks for your reply.

Bellemere JP

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: vallourec

Can you supply the ADMS Console log from the server where you are performing the restore?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 5
vallourec
in reply to: ihayesjr

See the log file below =>

20/07/2011 07:55:12 ==================================================================
20/07/2011 07:55:12 RESTORE PROGRESS: The server console is currently in the process of restoring a backup set. Please wait...
20/07/2011 07:55:12 ==================================================================
20/07/2011 07:55:12 Restore failed because the backup has products that are not supported by the server.
20/07/2011 07:55:12 Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.ServiceException: RestoringUnsupportedProducts [223]  ---> Connectivity.Core.Exceptions.CoreException: RestoringUnsupportedProducts [223]

Server stack trace:
   at Connectivity.Core.Operations.BackupSource..ctor(String backuppath)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.KnowledgeMasterService.RestoreWithBackup(String restorePath, String toFSLocation, String toDBDataLocation, String toDBLogLocation, Boolean markForMigration, OnProgressDelegate onProgress)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.KnowledgeMasterService.RestoreWithBackup(String restorePath, String toFSLocation, String toDBDataLocation, String toDBLogLocation, Boolean markForMigration, OnProgressDelegate onProgress)
   at Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.KnowledgeMasterService.RestoreWithBackup(String restorePath, String toFSLocation, String toDBDataLocation, String toDBLogLocation, String user, String pass, OnProgressDelegate onProgress)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.ProgressCommand.Execute()
   at Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.RestoreVaultCommand.a(String A_0, Boolean A_1, LoginInfo A_2, String A_3, String A_4)

Bellemere JP

Message 4 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: vallourec

What edition of Vault 2011 and Vault 2012 do you have?  It looks like your 2011 edition is higher than the 2012 edition.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 5
vallourec
in reply to: ihayesjr

Hi and thanks for you reply.

You've right ^_^

As i haven't receive my DVD yet i  download the Vault 2012 on my subscription page, but i download the vault standard and my backup was made with a pro...

Now i have to call my reseller to understand why it's not the good version on my download page...or just waiting for the DVD

Bellemere JP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report