Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"share" and "get entire folder" functions in vault professional 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
adnan-psr
319 Views, 5 Replies

"share" and "get entire folder" functions in vault professional 2012

Hi,

I was hoping If someone could help me out with a serious issue i am having. Basically we upgraded from vault manufacturing 2010 to vault professional 2012.

The way we had set up our project structure was that we use to share "dwf" files between main project and the streamline folder( which was setup in vault) then use "get entire folder" function to to get the latest version of the shared files into the streamline folder, whcih then used to get synchornised with streamline/Buzzsaw online account or cloud space.

Problem now is that both the "share" and "get entire folder functions" have been removed from vault 2012 for unknown reasons. I was hoping if someone could help me with a work around this, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Core i7-2630K
12GB dual channel Corsair XMS3
Nvidia quadro 2000
128 vortex 2 SSD
WD 7200rpm Black
Asus P8P67 DELUXE
Product Design Suite 2012 Ultimate
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
broepke
in reply to: adnan-psr

Hi there - I can't comment on the "Get Entire Folder" - However I have some info on the other issues and maybe a new setup that's improved.

With 2012 we now have a new publish tool from Vault to Streamline that uses the Job Server to sync a folder from Vault to a Folder in Streamline.  Check out this blog.

http://autodeskmfg.typepad.com/blog/2011/05/sharing-managed-data-with-customers-suppliers-contractor...

This is SO much improve vs. before.  You can even go crazy and set up rules on lifecycle state changes that will automatically publish files for you

For the Share command we've replaced this with new Links.  There are a bunch of benefits to this but should accomplish a similar task.

Check out this blog.

http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2011/05/project-management-with-autodesk-vault-2012.ht...

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 3 of 6
broepke
in reply to: broepke

One more to read - this is Part 2 of the Streamline blog showing you how to automatically set up the publish

http://autodeskmfg.typepad.com/blog/2011/05/sharing-managed-data-part-2.html

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 4 of 6
scottmoyse

handy that! Smiley Tongue

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 6
adnan-psr

That was useful, but the issue still remains as we do share files within different folders in the project. but in 2012 that seems to be have replaced by link which is shortcut and not the actual file, well we don't work like that. lets just say i have my dwg and dwf files in my main working folder "A" and I want to share the dwf files ONLY with a supplier. I have a supplier folder setup in vault, normally i would share the file with the supplier folder and then use streamline to upload it.

BUT  NOW IN vault  prodessional 2012 

I cant do that I can only share or create a shortcut or soo called link the orginal file. This is where the problem is I dont want to just create a shortcut I want an actual physically shared file so that even if i delete the orginal file from main working folder I should still have shared version of the file in suppliers folder.

any suggestions????

Core i7-2630K
12GB dual channel Corsair XMS3
Nvidia quadro 2000
128 vortex 2 SSD
WD 7200rpm Black
Asus P8P67 DELUXE
Product Design Suite 2012 Ultimate
Message 6 of 6
scottmoyse
in reply to: adnan-psr

My understanding is the Link behaves like a normal file, have you tried your workflow using the links? does it copy a shortcut to streamline or does it place a copy of the linked file into streamline?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report