Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Newer Non-Released Edits available" is being displayed incorrectly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BSchubring
256 Views, 2 Replies

"Newer Non-Released Edits available" is being displayed incorrectly

Hello, I have some CAD users who are experiencing some troubling symptoms. One is using a Vault 2013 client with ACA 2013, the other is using the 2012 client/ACA, both are pointing to a Vault Pro 2013 server.

They open a CAD drawing with XREFs. Some drawings which have newer versions in Vault are NOT being refreshed and instead ACA is loading old versions. The symbol next to their name is the half white/half grey "Newer Non-Released Edits available" symbol instead of the red arrows indicating the file nbeeds to be refreshed from Vault. Manually doing a 'Get' on the file from Vault will cause AutoCAD to recognize a new version has been downloaded, and the main drawing will then prompt you to reload the xref. In one case, the user claims he opened a drawing with XREFs he had never downloaded, and the version of one of the XREFs he got was a previous version, not the latest.

Why are the users seeing this symbol, and what are some possible courses of action? Vault not automatically refreshing xrefs, ajnd loading old versions is highly frustrating, and is causing issues to the engineering team. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BSchubring
in reply to: BSchubring

Re-Reading the help text for this Non Released edit tag, I think I see what is happening.

"The local copy of the file is the released version of the latest revision, but it is not the latest version of the latest revision. This typically happens when you have a local copy of the released version but a quick change has been executed by another user."

The last 'released' version of the drawing is being pulled, and it is ignoring 'non-released' changes afterward. This is happening because when doing a Purge, we set 'Received' (Our Workflow's initial state) to be a 'Released State' to avoid purging it. Vault is now deciding to always pull the last 'released' state instead of the latest and greatest.  I have removed the Released State checkbox from the initial state in our workflow, and asked users to test.

If I am correct,  how do I change Vault's behavior to always get the latest Version of a file, and not the latest released Revision?

Message 3 of 3
BSchubring
in reply to: BSchubring

This did not solve the issue.  The user's client is acting similar to a client that is set to work based on Release Bias, but when checking the 'Get Revision' from AutoCad on the XREF, or Get from Vault, both seem to be Non-Release bias based, and pointing to the latest. Yet, if he does a checkout it always updates the file to the most recent.  Anyone have any ideas that will un-tangle this web?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report