Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

older version check out

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MadhavM
819 Views, 4 Replies

older version check out

Hai,

This is regarding older version file checkout, we uploaded the dwg file to vault colob 2012 and got some versions during the file editing’s, now we trying to checkout old version by right clicking file in vault client and it is not allowing selecting.

We tried with AutoCAD by selecting open from vault option, during this process it is showing only revision and we are unable to see any version option in this.

Can anyone help me for getting older version check out option?

Madhav.M

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrettCaldeira
in reply to: MadhavM

Hi

If you select your file, and then select the versions tab below, it should show ll versions of the file. If not place a tick in show all versions. Then right click the version you want and select get/checkout. This will then download the file to your working folder. I often delete the latest rev of the file in the working folder before doing this. You should then be able to open the previous version.

In previous versions of vault you could right click the actual file and select get previous versions. This has now changed to getting the versions from the versions tab.

Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for? I hope the right click on the previous version is working?

Regards,

Brett

Message 3 of 5
MadhavM
in reply to: BrettCaldeira

Hai Brett,

thank you for the Ans,

i am trying the same method but while checkout we are unable to select the file (box with tick mark), it is taking as readonly file.

in old versions once we select get older version it will issue the file with old data & new version number.

ex: no. of versions (1, 2,3,4 & 5), once we try to take version 3.0 file it will issue the version 3.0 file as version 6.0.

Madhav

Message 4 of 5
BrettCaldeira
in reply to: MadhavM

To Get previous version to latest version do the following...

Right click previous version -> Select Get/Checkout, and click ok.

This will not check the file out, but will download the file to your working folder.

Then right click the latest version and select get/checkout, this time check the file out.

Hopefully you will then be prompted with a questions asking if you want to over right the file in your working folder. Select No.

Then right click the file again and select checkin.

Once checked in the file of your previous version will now be the latest version.

You cannot checkout a previous version of a file, as these files will always remain read only. You can however replace the latest version of a file with a previous version with the procedure above.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
MadhavM
in reply to: BrettCaldeira

Hai Brett,

we checked this process and we came to know that it is working fine for office documents, it is not working for .DWG data,

it is not requesting for over right while current version checkout.

let me know if any alternative sol.

@BrettMOD wrote:

This will not check the file out, but will download the file to your working folder.

Then right click the latest version and select get/checkout, this time check the file out.

Hopefully you will then be prompted with a questions asking if you want to over right the file in your working folder. Select No.

Once checked in the file of your previous version will now be the latest version.

You cannot checkout a previous version of a file, as these files will always remain read only. You can however replace the latest version of a file with a previous version with the procedure above.

Regards,

@BrettMOD wrote:

Regards,

Madhav.M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report