Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple library folder?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
wesbird
377 Views, 1 Reply

multiple library folder?

Hi, 

I just start work on Vault. We have multiple client A, B, C, D, etc. I create fold for them. each client have their own titleblock xref. I like to put them in library folder. I found I can only create library folder at root folder. so I have to creat a folder structure like this: 

--ClientA

--ClientB

--ClientC

--ClientD

--Xref (library)

--ClientA (library)

--ClientB (library)

--ClientC (library)

--ClientD (library)

is it possible to create a folder structure like: 

--ClientA

---Xref (library)

-ClientB

---Xref (library)

--ClientC

---Xref (library)

--ClientD

---Xref (library)

Question 2: if it's not possible, what should I do to migrate all our dwg with Xref? is a option in Autoloader can do this? 

Thank you and have a nice weekend

Wes

Windows 10 64 bit, AutoCAD (ACA, Map) 2023
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
olearya
in reply to: wesbird

Hi There, 

I am not sure if the support team have already answered this for you, but it is not possible to mix normal and library folders.  

You can of course create a normal folder and simply label this a library file for the sake of consolidating data - there will be some differences in file behavior but if you have Vault Worgroup or Professional there are other security controls you can place on files that are considered library.

You can also restructure your data, before or after loading into Vault as we use relative paths - I would test this approach to see what works for you.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report