Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item master finding items when theres none

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
akosi
286 Views, 5 Replies

item master finding items when theres none

hi,

im having problem with item master,

when i 'assign item' , the assign item wizard is generating number for this xxxx.ipt.

i believed it only generates number when there is duplicate number in the item master.

i searched the item master if xxxx number exist but it tells me "theres no items to show in this view"

whats going on...????

inventor 2011

vault pro 2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mollons
in reply to: akosi

Do you have any anything mapped to the Number property?

Does the ipt have a value in the part number iProperty?

If you manually change the item number in the assign item dialog to the number you want will it create the item?

Does the assign item find duplicates step suggest any duplicates?

Are you sure no items exist, and that a filter isn't hiding them?

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 3 of 6
akosi
in reply to: mollons

1. Theres nothing mapped to the number property

2. Yes, it does have part number value in iproperty

3. it tells theres is zero duplicate number but still it generates the generic number and after it gives the number i tried to changed the item number to the number i want ...it will tell me that the number exists already.

4. No,  Im not using filter.

Now if i use the "go to" inside item master to search instead the search box it highlights a totally different number  . I open the ipt that is associated to the highlighted number to check if there is something in the iproperties that indicates the number i want to use but theres nothing in there that uses the number i want to use..

please enlighten me..

inventor 2011

vault pro 2011

Message 4 of 6
mollons

Did an older iteration (even WIP) of the item it goes to, use the number you want to use?

If an item is created with one item number, then renamed, the original item number is still in use even though you renamed it.

If this is true you would need to delete the offending item or if you are using Vault 2012 you use the purge item command in the actions menu to purge WIP and IN Review item iterations and possibly free up the item number. 

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
akosi
in reply to: mollons

thats exactly what happen! it was renamed after assigning item.

cant i do something now...??

im using vault pro 2011

thanks

inventor 2011

vault pro 2011

Message 6 of 6
mollons

In Vault Pro 2011 the only way to free up the item number is to delete the item which used the item number in a previous revision.

You can contact product support who, depending on the situation, may have a tool that an admin can run to help you out.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report