Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message in 2013 vault autoloader

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rstamey
490 Views, 4 Replies

error message in 2013 vault autoloader

Hello,

I have 3 workstations with windows 7 pro that uses a windows xp pro workstation for their vault server. I am the administrator. I have used the autoloader to do my project uploads for about a week. I tried to use it this week and I am receiving an error. this happens in the same part of the process on all 3 workstations. I open the autoloader, select the folder, scan the files and everything is fine. I press next and usually I am to the page to press upload and done. Instead I get the popup message; index out of range...see attached screenshot. As I said, this is on all 3 workstations. I have tried different project files and even picked just a part file and get the same result at the same place in the process. The vault process within my inventor software works fine. I can login and logout, open files, check them out, edit and check them back in. I just can't use the autoloader to upload the vault. has anyone seen this and can you tell how to correct it?

Thanks, Raymond

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
r.smith1
in reply to: rstamey

Hi rstamey

Please clarify, the dataset you're returning the error on, have you opened in Inventor to verify the dataset is fully resolved? 

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
rstamey

yes. I can place the files within Inventor by creating folders and checking in. all this happens in the 2013 Autoloader. Autocad 2D files work with no problem. Only Inventor files of any type fails.

I figured out exactly where the error message generates. When I step through the autoloader process and get to the point to where it logs me into the vault, I get the message. Once I log in, I can select cancel to clear the message. At that point, if you look at the open dialog box, the heading is for mapping folders. There is an icon for on the right side for logging into the vault. Even though the icon and the information shown (if you hover over the icon) says I am logged in (icon door is open), I can’t continue. If I press the icon to log out the icon door closes. At this point, if I press it again to log in, this is when I get the error message. Hovering over the icon says I am logged in (door is open) because at the bottom of the information bubble there is a comment that says click to log out. I can repeat this over and over. I click to log out and then click to log in and get the message. Again the icon and the information bubble says I am logged in. during this logging in and out the icon stays grayed out even though it says and icon shows logged in and vault open. Something is not clearing or switching to tell it to continue. All three workstations are doing this so it must be vault server related because it’s the only thing in common with all the machines.

Message 4 of 5
r.smith1

Hi Raymond,

Please verify you have SP1 installed on the workstations as well as the Server.  I've used several datasets to try to reproduce the behavior in two environments but cannot. 

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
rstamey

Yes, I installed SP1 early last week, server and all three clients. i don't understand why its just with Inventor files. The Autocad 2D works fine using the Autoloader. The Inventor files worked for about two weeks. I have about 8000 files in the vault using the Autoloader, then one day I tried and got this message and as I said, I verified the same error on all three workstations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report