Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete local copy from working folder when checking into the Vault

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jacoj
513 Views, 8 Replies

delete local copy from working folder when checking into the Vault

good day,

is there a way to set up my companies vault so that the local file copy gets deleted automaticly or is enforced,  when the client machines check is n file after it has been created or edit so there is no local copies on any use machines.

Jaco

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jacoj

Just curious, why do you need this?

Message 3 of 9
jacoj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I want to enforce the users to check out a drawing to work on it,

And not working on files that is on the local folder, because at this stage this cause great frustration and duplications.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

The file in the local folder is 'read-only' when not checked out.  Have them run the 'workspace sync' to clean out the folder.  Having the file remain after checking in helps in performance if checking out the file the next day.

If they are manually removing the 'read-only' tag to get around checking out, then you have a bigger issue then the files remaining in the local workspace.

Message 5 of 9
jacoj

yes,

but what they do is using save as, and then change the name, resulting in duplications in the vault,

how do I set the workspace sync,

so I cannot really enforce the deletion of the locasl copy?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Tell them never to use 'save as' with Vaulted documents.  There is a better option in the Vault called 'copy design'.  They are only creating more work for themselves using 'save as'.

Depending on what version of Vault you're using, you can try the below app:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/VLTC/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3adeletelocalc...

Message 7 of 9
jacoj

Great.

thank you for the reply

kind regards

Jaco

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

That app will not enforce the local copy to be deleted, just gives another option for the user to utilize.

The best practice is to leave it alone, then setup the workspace sync (depending on your options) to delete local copies.

Message 9 of 9
jacoj

Ok,

I will rather create a newVault structure where al the files we nee is located, and then migrate the old vault with the new ones

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report