Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a problem occured while attempting to add 'DIN 931 - 1 M12 x 95ip.t' to .....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
borre.hartviksen
1065 Views, 5 Replies

a problem occured while attempting to add 'DIN 931 - 1 M12 x 95ip.t' to .....

A problem occured while attempting to add 'DIN 931 - 1 M12 x 95ip.t' to... Does anyone know what this message means ?

Vault Collaboration 2013.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
olearya
in reply to: borre.hartviksen

Hi there,

I am assuming you are in a multi-site environment here and the error is indicating another site or "workgroup" currently has ownership of that folder meaning users at your site cannot presently add files to that folder.

The concept of ownership is designed to ensure Vault users cannot overwrite each others work while the SQL servers are waiting to synchronize.  Ownership transfer should be transferred to you as required, so if this continues you may need to check that communication between sites is OK and that someone has not placed a reservation on that folder at another site.

Hope this helps,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
borre.hartviksen
in reply to: olearya

I don't think the ownership part of the error message is the real problem. This is a new file that don't exists in the vault, the dwf in question do not exist in the vault from before, and if I just select OK  the ipt check's in and all is well.

I have the same problem with normal parts too. It seems that the client can't handle bot check in of large data of new files not in vault, and also create visualisation files. We do not have a jobserver to create visualisation files. (dwf)

Message 4 of 6
olearya

Hi,

The ownership issue I am thinking of relates to folder not files, so it would affect the add file operation, for normal files as well as content center.

Can I ask you to have a look in or supply the log file information corresponding with these errors?  THis may shed a little more light on what is going wrong.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
borre.hartviksen
in reply to: olearya

You are ofc absolutely right. Its a folder ownership issue. The vault system don't handle the automatic ownership. Sometimes we can wait, and sometimes we are able to transfer ownership manually. But after the lease time is expired it don't give the ownership to the next user. I will try to check the logs. Any suggestions are appreciated..:)

Apart from that problem the vault runs quite smooth.

Message 6 of 6
olearya

Hi again, 

The process of ownership transfer in 2013 should be automated but of course depending on system performance there can be delays or issues with the transfer.  It may take a little effort to tweak the system from here to resolve the issue but starting by looking for errors in the Vault logs that coincide with when you are seeing the issue is the place to start.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report