Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF and Support paths Query

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jeoffry
579 Views, 2 Replies

XREF and Support paths Query

Hello,

We have over 50,000 autocad files to load into Vault Collaboration 2011.  I planned to use Autoloader but many of the files are R13 still which is not supported by Autoloader.  I figure I have to use the Check In Folder option within Autocad because of the R13 restriction?

Currently our XREF's are stored on a network drive.

When attempting to load files with XREF's, it does the following:

checkinfolder.JPG

I don't want it to create a XREF directory.  We already have a directory containing all the XREF's within Vault:

checkinfolder2.JPG

How can I "map" the XREF's to the Vault XREF directory?

Or is there a better solution altogether?  I don't fully understand what Vault does with XREF paths.

Secondly, what should be done about other support files that currently load off the network drive i.e. fonts, plot styles, plot configurations?  Should they be loaded into Vault or should we maintain a network drive just for these?

Thankyou

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeoffry
in reply to: jeoffry

Please ignore the Second question in regards to plot styles and fonts.  They are not run from a network drive as first thought.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
junyi_zhu
in reply to: jeoffry

From your screenshot it looks that you want the xrefs go to library folder. If the "Lib" folder in vault is indeed a library folder, you can map it or its sub folders to the network drive where your xrefs reside. After that you should see the check-in dialog puts them under the mapped vault library folder.

Junyi Zhu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report