Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with system properties (file name)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
430 Views, 3 Replies

Working with system properties (file name)

Hi

A simple question. I wanna atributte a rule with a system property like this:

Filename      ends with     (inventor files)iam

I can not use this property (filename) because this one is disable in my properties

Anyone knows how can I enable that? see the Attachment.

Thanks!         

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
olearya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey there,

This is actually enabled and read only - Filename is a system property that you are not permitted to disable - that's why it is grayed out.  

In terms of the rule, I am unclear on what you are trying to achieve - are you are creating a category assignment rule?  

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Exactly! its a category assignment rule.. but does not work.. Have you any ideia? I just wanna separate the category for extension file (inventor files).

Message 4 of 4
olearya

This "should" be quite simple.

Under your Tools > Administration > Vault Settings go to Behaviors and select Category "Rules".  Create a rule called assembly and add 1 rule here which is "File Name Ends With .iam" or "File Extension is iam".

Note - you can only have 1 file criteria per rule - there are no OR statements.  This means you need a separate rule for iam, a separate rule for ipt and a separate rule for idw. 

You also need to "apply rules on object creation"

For a more complete view see:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0127-Client_A127/0149-Category149/0...

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report