Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wikihelp

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
sathersc23
531 Views, 8 Replies

Wikihelp

Is anyone else having issues with the Wikihelp?

I know this is not the forum for this, but I can't even click the "help" link on the wikihelp. No link responds to any clicks?

Is my Java 7 Update 7 too new for the website?

Sam Sather
CAD Admin
Inventor 2014
Vault Pro 2014 SR: 1 SP: 1
Intel Xeon X5690 @ 3.47 GHz
48.0 GB Ram
Windows 7 x64
AMD FirePro V7900 - 8.830.5.6000

----------------------------

"We have not succeeded in answering all our problems. The answers we have found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions. In some ways we feel we are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Earl C. Kelley
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
olearya
in reply to: sathersc23

HI Sam,

Can you advise if this is still happening - if so whether it has worked previously and whether or not you can access the site via the web link (copy in my signature below)

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
sathersc23

Allan,

I am still experiencing this issue, even through the weblink you provided.

What I am finding is I can navigate using any of the traditional hyperlinks, but the hyperlinks that expand sections of text and the navigation bar on the left are non-functional.

Sam Sather
CAD Admin
Inventor 2014
48.0 GB Ram
Windows 7 x64

"We have not succeeded in answering all our problems. The answers we have found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions. In some ways we feel we are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Earl C. Kelley
Message 4 of 9
sathersc23

Allan,

I should also mention I see this in all 3 major browsers. I primarily use Chrome but verified I have the same problem in IE8 (because Vault 2012 doesn't support IE9) and Firefox.

Sam Sather
CAD Admin
Inventor 2014
48.0 GB Ram
Windows 7 x64

Message 5 of 9
ihayesjr

Sam,

We have the same version of Java installed and cannot reproduce the problem you are experiencing.  Can you clear your browsers temporary files and try again?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 6 of 9
sathersc23
in reply to: ihayesjr

Clearing my browser caches made no difference. I've verified  this behavior with multiple computers at our site (though I'll admit, I haven't tried this at home).

If no one else is experiencing this issue, I'll chalk it up to our corporate proxy system and contact them to resolve it.

Thanks for the help!

-Sam

Sam Sather
CAD Admin
Inventor 2014
48.0 GB Ram
Windows 7 x64

Message 7 of 9
sathersc23

A follow up:

Our companies corporate IT policy does block javascripting by default (again with the corporate unfriendly practices Autodesk uses to disseminate information), but I am on the next white list policy release to get help again. Hopefully I can have access within the quarter!

Sam Sather
CAD Admin
Inventor 2014
48.0 GB Ram
Windows 7 x64

Message 8 of 9
EKey
in reply to: ihayesjr

I've cleaned up my computer and installed the latest Java, but I still can't load the Wikihelp web page. Is the web site down?

Message 9 of 9
philip.s
in reply to: EKey

Hi Evgeny!

While we were experiencing issues with our wiki servers earlier this AM, they appear to have been resolved as the site is now fully functional.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report