Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't there be a mass attach feature for items?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
thenderson
376 Views, 3 Replies

Why isn't there be a mass attach feature for items?

During our Change Order process, we attach pdf copies of our ECO's to our items/records in vault so that people on the shop floor can view the ECO and see the reasons behind the change without having a full blown version of vault at every workstation. A typical ECO can affect numerous items/records and thus needs to be attached to all of them. So far, there has not been away to attach this pdf copy of ECO to multiple items/records at once. I must go into each item/record one at a time and add the file which is a time consuming process. Can Autodesk come up with a way to allow files to be mass attached to items/records within the ECO environment?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mollons
in reply to: thenderson

I have logged an enhancement request for this functionality.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 3 of 4
thenderson
in reply to: mollons

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
cmcconnell
in reply to: thenderson

IIRC, we used to be able to drag and drop a file onto another. We were presented with Share or Attach. I understand why Share was removed, but we lost the ability to attach in this way as well. I am not sure if this functionality was removed when the attach tool was removed from the RMB context menu or sooner.

Mechanix Design Solutions inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report