Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Vault Pro 2011 prompt to check out AutoCAD 2011 files when plotting?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jweiss1313
337 Views, 3 Replies

Why does Vault Pro 2011 prompt to check out AutoCAD 2011 files when plotting?

We have only been using Vault Professional 2011 for a month.  We are curious why Vault prompts you to check a file out when we try to plot or if we switch from paperspace to modelspace?  We doing a "Get" or double clicking on the file in the Vault client and then clearly selecting that we DO NOT want to check the file out.  The file opens in AutoCAD and we select plot and hit okay and them Vault throws up a message asking if you want to check the file out.  We also see this behavior when doing a "Get" and just switching from paperspace to modelspace we get the same message.

What my department wants to know is if this is normal behavior or is this a bug.  Why would you prompt to check out to plot or change from paper to model space especially after you specifically did a get or reponded no when opeing the file.

Please let me know so I can get back to my company Vault user group.

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hey John,

I do not have an answer but will try to find you one.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 4
chearhuat
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hi John,

Wheneve user dirties/edits a vautled drawing, vault will prompt user to check out the file.

In this case, ACAD is treating the switching of layout (paperspace, modelspace) a form of editing to drawing, which subsequently triggers Vault prompting...

Regards,
Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 4 of 4
jweiss1313
in reply to: chearhuat

Thanks for the information.  I will share it with my department.

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report