Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has a licence?

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
m.numberger
1618 Views, 15 Replies

Who has a licence?

Hello,

with lmutil_x64.exe lmstat -a -c @server i can see which user has a Inventor-licence, but not who has a Vault-licence. You see only how many Vault-licence are in use.

How can i see who has a Vault-licence?

Best regards

Michael

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: m.numberger

you should be able to run a status inquiry on flex lm

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
m.numberger
in reply to: DarrenP

do you mean the function in the LMTools > Server Status > Perform Status Enquiry?

This shows me the same.

User of the Vailt-Licence is always the Server, you can not see wihich client has the licence.

Message 4 of 16
DarrenP

thats right

i don't think you can with vault since the licensing works differently

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 16
CodeMonkey831

When a user connects to Vault, it is the ADMS that get's the license, and then provides connectivity to the client.

Message 6 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: CodeMonkey831

yep thats correct

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
swalton

If I remember right, one of the ADMS log files records license status.  You might be able to write a script that scans throught the file and gives you a nice list of who has a license.

I am not aware of a nice list from ADMS about which users are consuming a license. 

Steve Walton

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 8 of 16
m.numberger

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

I found the log-Files.

If anybody search this: Every day is made a new log-file under:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\FileStore with the name vlog-20120217.txt par example.

Best regards

Michael

Message 9 of 16
m.numberger

Hello,

i made a WSH-script to read out the which users has a Vault license in use.

On the server you have to share the Folder C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\FileStore

I start this with a Batch-script, in this i read out with other FlexLM-License are in use.

if you want to use this in a batch file, you can start ist with "cscript.exe vault-license.vbs" an the output comes on the command line.

Best regards

Michael

Message 10 of 16

Being placed to "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\FileStore" of ADMS and executed it reports "Pfad nicht gefunden" which I guess means "Path not found".

So there are a lots of vlogs just around but it can't see them...

Any ideas?

...Added later....

Ok I've fixed it a bit

instead

PfadLogfile = "\\SERVER\FileStore\"

printed

PfadLogfile = "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\FileStore"

And it returned the list of successful attempts for license.

But it is not the list of users who use license right now. Isn't it?

Message 11 of 16

Michael,

I wonder would it be easier for you as for script author add some filtration (skip all same user/same PC lines except the latest)?

Message 12 of 16

Hello uma,

i don't understand what you mean.

What is the output of the script?

What is in the vlog*.txt (in the lines with "Acquired license")?

Message 13 of 16

After I've retranslate it a bit output looks for me: ----- Vault-licenses in use: 1. 7:17:20 username(UserA), host(XXX.XX.X.A). 2. 7:19:17 username(UserA), host(XXX.XX.X.A). 3. 8:01:02 username(Administrator), host(XXX.XX.X.ZZ). 4. 8:01:02 username(Administrator), host(XXX.XX.X.ZZ). 5. 8:27:00 username(UserA), host(XXX.XX.X.A). 6. 8:30:19 username(UserA), host(XXX.XX.X.A). 7. 8:32:16 username(UserA), host(XXX.XX.X.A). 8. 8:35:02 username(UserB), host(XXX.XX.X.B). 9. 8:36:55 username(UserC), host(XXX.XX.X.C). 10. 9:06:03 username(UserD), host(XXX.XX.X.D). 11. 9:11:39 username(UserA), host(XXX.XX.X.A). 12. 9:13:59 username(UserE), host(XXX.XX.X.E). 13. 9:23:00 username(UserF), host(XXX.XX.X.F). 14. 9:24:54 username(UserG), host(XXX.XX.X.G). 15. 9:24:58 username(UserD), host(XXX.XX.X.D). 16. 9:28:19 username(UserG), host(XXX.XX.X.G). 17. 9:36:34 username(UserH), host(XXX.XX.X.H). 18. 9:50:19 username(UserC), host(XXX.XX.X.C). 19. 10:09:23 username(UserI), host(XXX.XX.X.I). 20. 10:09:38 username(Administrator), host(XXX.XX.X.YY). 21. 10:09:39 username(Administrator), host(XXX.XX.X.YY). 22. 10:17:35 username(UserH), host(XXX.XX.X.H). 23. 10:28:31 username(Administrator), host(XXX.XX.X.ZZ). 24. 10:28:32 username(Administrator), host(XXX.XX.X.ZZ). 25. 10:42:36 username(UserJ), host(XXX.XX.X.I). 26. 11:28:30 username(UserF), host(XXX.XX.X.F). License was acquired 26 times today. ----- I'd rather say ... judging by only latest lines there were only 13 licenses used which is far useful info than how many acquires were. Do you agree?
Message 14 of 16

Hello uma,

that looks interesting.

I don't know why does it not work for you. In our case ist works.

The output looks strange. Par example that the administrator is always  2 times in the list in the difefrence of 1 second.

Is that in the vlog*.txt the same?

Message 15 of 16

The script works. Just the info it returns is far from ideal (too much).

What for It lists all the user acquires?

Only latest request from particular User and particular Host are interesting.

Doubled request are present in vlog itself and could be a result of oue add-in. I'll investigate but that is not the main problem.

Message 16 of 16
Mario-Villada

Thanks heaps Michael,

Your script helped me figure out what to look for in the log files and I have develped my own solution.

Since you were kind enough to share this, I would also like to share my application with all of you.

please see my POST

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report