Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my files?!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jamiebryson
468 Views, 5 Replies

Where are my files?!

I try adding a simple assembly to Vault, (using Vault) and it tells me I can't, I must use the correct program (I.e. Inventor) to maintain all relationships. So I open up the assembly in Inventor, go to the Vault tab > Check In and the assembly appears to have been added to Vault.

After refreshing and restarting Vault, I cannot find the files anywhere in the explorer, however, if I open Inventor and go: Open > From Vault, then my assembly appears in the vault in its correct directory!

Any ideas?!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
luttena
in reply to: jamiebryson

I think the fastest way to locate your files in this situation is to do a search for them. Use either the basic find (just above the list of files in the grid) or the advanced find feature (Find button) and enter in the file name. If you still can't find the files then there is likely an issue with logging into 2 different Vaults or something like that.

Let us know what you find!

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
jamiebryson

Doing a search in vault doesnt find any of the files I added. I think it may be looking at 2 vaults. is there any way of identifying this?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
luttena

Yes. Fastest way would be to log out and select log in. You'll be able to see the server and the Vault that you're logging into. Do this in the Vault Explorer and the Inventor add-in and compare.

To find out if there are multiple Vaults on your server, just click the browse button next to the 'Database' field. This will list all databases on the server.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
jamiebryson

Yes. I've just compared my login credentials on Vault and Inventor. Vault was looking at the correct vault on my companys server, Inventor was looking at an old vault.. So when I was checking in using Inventor, it was saving the files to the old vault!

Thanks a lot, 

Jamie

Message 6 of 6
luttena

That makes sense. Glad you got it figured out!

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report