Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waking up Vault server after hybernation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mechamania
294 Views, 2 Replies

Waking up Vault server after hybernation

My Vault Server computer goes into hybernate or sleep after a period of inactivity. This is what I want.

But then it should wakeup when a Vault client needs access. But it does not.

The Wake On Lane feature of the computer does work however. Because by running a special WakeOnLan program the server computers goes out of sleep.

What should I do to make the server computer comming out of hybernate/sleep when a client needs access?

I searched this forum and the internet, but could not find the answer.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mdellunto
in reply to: mechamania

I would not use hybernation with a vault server. Its already a picky enough software adding hybernation could cause major problems. To safely do this i would make a script that will shutdown the ADMS job dispatcher service and SQL server plus IIS. Once the server comes out of Hybernation have it turn everything back on.

This would be the safest way in my eyes. I would still avoid hybernation.

To make the server wakes up you would need to run a thrid party wakeonlan program. Autodesk Vault doesn't have wakeonlan nor would support it. Most likely because it would cause problems that they don't want to deal with.

Message 3 of 3
mechamania
in reply to: mdellunto

Thanks for the advice. I will not use hybernation. I don't like problems 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report