Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualization files not being created when checking in from AutoCAD 2012

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
hbohm
1685 Views, 7 Replies

Visualization files not being created when checking in from AutoCAD 2012

I am using Vault 2012 (free version) with AutoCAD Electrical 2012 (ACADE). When I check-in files from ACADE, it goes through the normal process and says it's creating the visualization files. But when I look in Vault, the "Visualization Compliance" for the checked-in files is still "None", and the Preview pane for those files is still blank and says "Unable to view the file selected". I've attached a picture of what I'm talking about.

The Update button in the Preview pane works for creating the visualization attachment one-by-one, but that's a major hassle since I'd have to use it on several hundred files a day.

I have gone over the settings for both Vault & ACADE a hundred times. I have them setup so there are no .dwf files published to our network, but just so they are created within the Vault so we can preview them and print them as needed. I have also attached a picture of these settings.

Another note to add, is that we just upgraded from 2011 software and all of these settings were working just fine prior to the upgrade.

Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-hbohm

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
KooCheeKit
in reply to: hbohm

Hi,

Is the publish option turn on at Check In dialog? By default it is turned off.

checkinAce.PNG

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
hbohm
in reply to: KooCheeKit

Yes, in AutoCAD my check-in settings looks exactly like yours in the picture.

Thanks for the reply.

Message 4 of 8
luttena

Hello, Can you try showing hidden files to determine whether dwf files have been created? To do this, check the box for 'Show hidden files' in the Options dialog.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
hbohm
in reply to: luttena

Adam,

I turned that option on, and there are no hidden dwf files. The old ones are there from when it was working before, but the newly checked-in files have no associated hidden dwf files. Thanks

Message 6 of 8
KooCheeKit

i've tried using Acade 2012 and Vault 2012, able to publish dwf from add-in on my system. There is options specific to Acade, the default settings as shown below. After changing the settings at the Publish Options dialog, have to re-login at Acade therefore the CAD client will re-read the settings changes. Hope this helps.AcadEPublishOption.PNG

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
hbohm
in reply to: KooCheeKit

I tried these settings and to no avail.. 

I should also mention, that even when I change the settings at the Vault Visualization Attachment Options dialog so the dwfs are published to the network, I still don't get any dwfs in the Vault OR on our network. So, to me, it seems like the problem is narrowed down to ACADE.

I have tried reinstalling both Vault 2012 and ACADE 2012 with no results.

Message 8 of 8
hbohm

Ok, I have figured out the issue. I was about to ask you guys what ACADE uses to make those dwfs when it dawned on me. When we upgraded to 2012 we moved our plotter configuration files to a new location. The "DWF6 ePlot" .pc3 file that ACADE uses to publish dwfs was not in the new folder. The default folder is C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2012\R18.2\enu\Plotters. Once I copied the file over, the visualization attachments are now being created. Thanks for all the suggestions.

-hbohm

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report