Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vaulted Assembly up to date or not?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Winks87
333 Views, 4 Replies

Vaulted Assembly up to date or not?

To anyone who can answer this one: I have a Vaulted Assembly that is currently checked out of Vault.  The icon is a clear circle with a check mark.  This implies I have the current (same) version as the Vault (yes I did a refresh - it is the same version.  Correct?  Oh, wait - there is an asterisk beside the assembly.  This now implies that I modified the assembly?  It tells me I dont have the currect version?  Yet after a vault icon refresh - I still have a clear circle with a checkmark.  How is this possible?

James Winkler
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Winks87
Message 3 of 5
Winks87
in reply to: cbenner

Wasn't sure which group to post this to.  If you think that's where it should be then go ahead.  Mr. Benner: have you had this issue?

James Winkler
Message 4 of 5
cbenner

I've seen this before, do you know if when you checked it out you updated properties?  That could do it.  The file gets checked out as the latest version, then the propertyupdates come in, and voila... it's no longer up to date.  or it can happen just by nudging your space explorer, effectively changing the view port... no longer up to date.  it don't take much!  Smiley Wink

If it opened this way,.... I don't know what might cause it.

Message 5 of 5
mikel_martin

Just to clarify.

The Asterisk does not mean the file is out of date. It is an Inventor indication that the file has been changed in Memory and needs to be saved.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report