Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault vs Adept: Using one .ipj for both?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
geamike
228 Views, 0 Replies

Vault vs Adept: Using one .ipj for both?

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone might have more insight than I in using these two data management tools for Inventor.

We will be upgrading to IV 2013 in the coming weeks, from IV 2011.  We currently use the basic Vault that comes with Inventor.  Part of our upgrade will be implementation of a workflow process along with ECR/ECO procedures.

We are leaning toward using Adept.  If that doesn't work, then we might go back to Vault, but use the Professional version.

My question to you is this:  We currently use one .ipj file for all of our projects.  If we switch to Adept, will we be able to still use our legacy work that is currently in Vault, or will we have "mapping" issues?  (I think we would be OK there?)

More importantly, if in a year or two from now, we decide to switch back to Vault after having used Adept, will we have "mapping" issues with the legacy data in Adept?

In other words, will one .ipj work for files found in both Vault and Adept?

Thanks for any thoughts on this!  I've posted this question on the Inventor forum as well.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report