Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault user name and password

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
McFly1091
3014 Views, 5 Replies

Vault user name and password

Hello Im am a student, and I am using Inventor at home. I would like to know how and where do i get a vault user name and password?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kevinku1983
in reply to: McFly1091

To log into Vault you first have to install the Vault server.

By default, Vault server provides a user Administrator with empty password. You can log into Vault using the Administrator credentials and create your user names and passwords.

See this link for more info:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Product_Help/Autodesk_Vault/02._Working_with_Vault/01._Vault_Client/100...

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Product_Help/Autodesk​_Vault/03._Installation_and_Configuration/Install...

Thanks,

Kevin

Message 3 of 6
McFly1091
in reply to: kevinku1983

Ok so where I download the server cause I dont see where to download it in the links you posted

Message 4 of 6
rantisong

If you have a copy of the CAD products of Autodesk, like Inventor, AutoCAD M or AutoCAD E, you can find the Vault server in your package. 

Thanks,

Frank

Vault 2013 Wiki help is ALIVE !
Message 5 of 6
gedastorass

Hello I am a student too, i have download Inventor 2013 from autodesk web, so i don't have CD or DVD, I already installed Inventor and it work perfectly, but when i save my drawing and then open it again, appear Vault table and ask me to enter my user name, password, server and vault, if I press cancel Inventor don't let me change my drawing, I am stand alone client and the system administrator, so where can I find my user name, password, server and vault?Smiley Frustrated 

Message 6 of 6
luttena
in reply to: gedastorass

Since you are working on your own and you know your data is not Vaulted, then the username and password are not required to work with your data. There is likely no server to log into. Is it possible you are using the 'Open from Vault' command instead of the standard 'Open' command?

That said, I would recommend you install a Vault server so that you can start taking advantage of the functionality.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report