Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault server will not open login screen.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
DMusich
709 Views, 7 Replies

Vault server will not open login screen.

Hello all,

I have tthe server installed as well as the client on my pc. I however can not get the data management console to open and let me login. It acts like it is going to then nothing happens.  So I am unable to do anything with the vault at this point.

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.

Daryl

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: DMusich

@DMusich wrote:

Hello all,

I have tthe server installed as well as the client on my pc. I however can not get the data management console to open and let me login. It acts like it is going to then nothing happens.  So I am unable to do anything with the vault at this point.

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.

Daryl

Welcome to the forums!

We need a lot more information, please.  Post the system specs of your PC, OS etc.  What version and "flavor" of Vault are you installing?

Message 3 of 8
DMusich
in reply to: cbenner

It is a Lenovo W701 with an i7.  The vault is the basic version. Windows 7 is the OS.

Everything installed fine and seems to be okay. Just when I go to open the data managment server console it starts and then nothing.

Message 5 of 8
DMusich
in reply to: cbenner

Yes it is 2014.  I have microsoft SQL server 2008 on the machine.

Message 6 of 8
JamesMcMullen

Since this is a laptop, I am assuming you can access your SQL.  Are you able to see an AutodeskVault instance?  Also, do you see the KnowledgeVaultMaster and Vault databases?  Is it possible to get a screen capture of the error you are getting when you attempt to log into the ADMS Console?

Thanks,

Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 7 of 8
DMusich
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

I do see the autodesk vault as well as the database.  I do not see the knowledge vault master. I have noticed there is an earlier server 2005 compact on this pc.

I can not get a screen shot as it does not give me an error. It just wont open the data managment server console. I click it then it thinks (spins the wheel) and then nothing.

I am wondering if I may need to uninstall the server and client as well as the SQL servers and try a fresh install.

Message 8 of 8
JamesMcMullen

I would run a repair on the Server portion of the installation process.  If that does not help, you are probably correct in that you will have to uninstall the SQL & server portion of the installation and try again.  You do not need to uninstall the client.  

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums