Vault General

Mentor
Message 1 of 4 (151 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vault server installation failing

151 Views, 3 Replies
10-15-2011 04:00 AM

I have been trying to install Vault server and it is failing with the following message: "Install AMS Check. Failed Installation aborted, Result = 2"l .   What could be the reason for this message?

Employee
chearhuat
Message 2 of 4 (140 Views)

Re: Vault server installation failing

10-16-2011 08:01 PM in reply to: tmccar

Hi tmccar,

During the ADMS pre-check prior to installation, we will list the causes, and possible solution to those errors.

Could you help to examine those?

Also, if you could, please send us the log file in %temp folder, that'll help us to do troubleshooting too...

Regards,

Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Mentor
Message 3 of 4 (135 Views)

10-17-2011 02:06 AM in reply to: chearhuat

Hi

When running the System readiness checks, it is failing with the message "ASPX file failed to run at  "locahost/testASP/TestASPNet.aspx".

If I try to open that link in a browser, I get the error message "

Handler "PageHandlerFactory-Integrated" has a bad module "ManagedPipelineHandler" in its module list"

Mentor
Message 4 of 4 (132 Views)

10-17-2011 04:26 AM in reply to: tmccar

OK, it's now installing fine. I got  working by uninstalling IIS and also renaming the "c:\inetpubb\wwwroot" folder. I ran the 2012 Vault server installation and let it do the IIS installation, and create the "wwwroot" folder.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community