Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault search error 227

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mardevi
1838 Views, 7 Replies

Vault search error 227

I,ve read in the board that some users have problems with the search function in Vault server professional 2011.

Since I have the same problems on our server I hope that someone has a solution for it now.

I,ve tried all possible known solutions like the add vault user to the indexing folder and the "adressing Lucene error 227" which was published by Autodesk, but none of them worked until now.

Installed OS = server 2008 (standard)
Vault version = Vault professional server 2011, built 152660 service pack 2

The log file of the server is attached.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
paul.gunn
in reply to: mardevi

Hi,

Based on the log this looks like a filesystem permissions issue. The windows user vault runs under (by default this is the AutodeskVault user) doesn't have adequate permissions to the index directory or files. The solution should be to give full control for the user to ''C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes' and subdirectories / files.This would be done via normal security operations in Windows Explorer.

Hope this helps solve your problem,

Paul Gunn

Message 3 of 8
mardevi

I, ve already added the Vaultuser to the specified folder with full control permissions.
This was one of the proposed solutions which I,ve seen in a topic in the forum. Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem.

Message 4 of 8
paul.gunn

I would check security on the ''C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes\Vitrite\write.lock' specifically.

According to the log, this is the one blocking progress. Vault is trying to delete this file on startup and is failing.

Paul

Message 5 of 8
mardevi
in reply to: paul.gunn

I have checked the file permissons on the directory and the lock file and the vaultuser has full control on both of them.
See attachment

Message 6 of 8
paul.gunn

That is pretty strange.

I would try stopping IIS [run IISreset /Stop] and try deleting the lock file manually. I wonder if some other process is holding the file open? If so, your account would also be blocked from deleting it. After testing this,  IIS can be resumed by running IISReset /Start.

Paul

Message 7 of 8
mardevi

After I read your response about some process holding the file open I figured that the virusscanner could be this process.
Mcafee 8.7i is installed which has the on access scanner enabled. maybe this process is reponsible for the problem that the lock file can'nt be deleted.
So I,ve created an exception for the index folder so that the files in this folder wont't be scanned anymore when access by the indexing process.
I,ve tried to delete the lockfile after I stopped IIS which went without a problem so it looks that no process is holding the file anymore.
Lets hope that this solution works.

Message 8 of 8
paul.gunn

Sounds promising. Hope that solves the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums